Monday 26 October 2009

Damaged Dakar Dilemma


Martin - Relax!! It will happen. In fact I am due to collect a bike today from a dealer in Bradford. It looks just the job - '55 plate, 1 owner, 27k miles with FSH and I've got them down from £2995 to £2800. Bargain! I've even bought the train ticket. Then, looking again at the pictures of it in Autotrader, I noticed that the chain guard is missing as is the rear mudguard. No big deal you may think, and so did I until I saw that the rear plastics are missing their decals - a sure sign that it's been dropped and damaged somewhere along the way. So here's the dilemma - do I travel 300 miles on a 4 hour train journey to see what may be an old nail or do I sacrifice the £40 I've spent on the train ticket and wait for something better? I'll get back to you when I've decided.



No comments:

Post a Comment